This is a very rare opportunity to become part of the Kitchen team in a beautifully restored country inn.
The privately-owned Carden Arms in Tilston is at the heart of a vibrant village in the glorious South Cheshire countryside, easily accessed from Chester and Liverpool. We have a brand new modern open kitchen, and are seeking a Kitchen Porter/ Trainee Chef to join us.
Working with our head chef John Mount, our emphasis is on nose to tail, traditional offerings using beef from the owner’s traditional pedigree Hereford herd.
Our aim is to produce simple but superb fresh food, with a small, frequently changing menu.
The role encompasses the following key functions:
• General Kitchen Prep.
• Cleaning of the kitchen/Dishwasher duties.
• Health and safety compliance.
• Good communication skills.
• A good work ethic.
• Not afraid of hard work or getting your hands dirty.
• A high level of food hygiene.
We are looking for:
• Individuals with a willingness to learn.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ambition and commitment.
In return we are offering:
• An opportunity to work with a fantastic new kitchen and talented head chef.
• A newly established business bubbling with energy and enthusiasm.
• A tip scheme.
• Professional development opportunities to upskill and learn (culinary / business)
To apply send your C.V. and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th June 2017
We are looking for a person who would be able to work weekday shifts specifically and some evening and weekend work would be an advantage to us, but not necessarily a requirement.
Please apply with a CV to email@example.com no later than 30th June 2017